TutorMobile was our core product at TutorABC/iTutorGroup with over 20,000 Monthly Active Users. It was a mobile app designed for the iPad and iPhone which consisted of all the functionality of taking courses online: registering for courses, attending courses with streaming video, two-way voice and live messaging, reviewing courses – including viewing recorded videos of the course, submitting homework, and leaving reviews for classmates and instructors.
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/tutormobile/id1076884523
Project overview: Objective-C (some 3rd party libraries in Swift), managed 3rd party libraries using Cocoapods, included an internal StreamingSDK, RESTful APIs
My role: Initially, 1 on a team of 5 engineers. Later, the sole engineer in charge of all TutorABC-brand products.
- Merged the code basis with tutorJr project, to eliminate redundant code
- Added Fastlane and scripts to automate the build process for both internal testing and App Store builds
- Led a re-archicture of the app: re-building all API calls and model objects, and moving from MVC to MVVM (making view controllers lighter and more testable)
- Increased unit test coverage
- Built new features: homework module, instructor feedback module, and vocabulary bank and review
- Forked and updated 3rd party libraries when they needed to be fixed or changed
- Updated project to be compatible for the release of Xcode 8 and iOS 10
- Deleting instances of deprecated code